 Off-Topic / Fun / 9452 (-20)
  Re: Space Boys! YOU ARE GO... for Brickfest!

(...) Not currently in touch with your femine side, eh, Mark? ;) -Dave (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hijacking of hte English Language was: Re: Liberal Media (was Bush Knew?)

(...) I came up with this great idea the other day. We should release quarters with the Canadian provinces the way we're doing with American states. It was a silly conversation, but I was just imagining the uproar (from all sides) if our mint (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Perhaps it needed <satire> </satire> tags around it... ROSCO (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is silly"

(...) I was referring to strangers in the theater. Pleasanton, CA if it matters. The person I went with liked the movie a lot more than I did -- she chose the film on a regular screen over my preference for seeing Spider-Man on an IMAX screen. O (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is silly"

(...) What a bunch of fuddy-duddies you went with. Everyone cheered at that scene when I went (it helps to tag along with my eleven year old to get me through scenes with Jar-Jar or Hayden Christensen). Moreover, that is probably the best liked (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)

(...) Carrion? ;-) John (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:GwurB7.GE5@lugnet.com... (...) I don't get it - the picture he is trying to paint is that Lucas has introduced pro-black elements and painted them evil or am I reading that wrong? His first (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Solid Aluminum 2x4 Bricks!

I've finally made enough aluminum bricks to start selling them. For product info, go to: (URL) if you want some cool wallpapers, go here: (URL) by late next week, I'll be making some into keychains and engraving them. Enjoy! --Bram Bram Lambrecht (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek) !!

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Yeah, but the point where Anakin resolves to take revenge is one where he actually has a motive (mostly he's fed up with his duty or trying to talk pretty.) It's one of the things that really worked in the movie. Why exactly Padme looks twice (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  National nouns (was:Americans, North Americans, Americasians)

(...) (Note: there are other nations with "United States" on their name: Brazil is oficcially "Federative Republic of the United States of Brazil". Obviously, they call themselves brazilians) (...) I dispute the term - isn't there a single America (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Where in the classic trilogy does anyone say anything about Yoda's prowess in battle? He is referred to as wise, and powerful- but with the Force, powerful could mean anything. Certainly his clairvoyance with the whole Cloud City thing was (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: S@H Specials this week - need someone to call

(...) That can be corrected, Dave! (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Right. During my viewing, I was by no means alone in laughing inappropriately at serious scenes and not laughing at all at the C3PO stuff -- some people seemed just generally stunned by the end of the film. During the movie people snickered (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New stories, new layout, new merchandise at The Brick Testament

(...) "Overproced"? Short for "Overprocessed"?? Does that tie in with this statement: "Why go shirtless when you can cover your abdomen with this fine cotton garment made from 100% cotton-like space age polymers?" which was found on: (URL) I must (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) Good God, that was awful. I actually laughed out loud at that scene. It's great that scenes intended to be moving, such as the sand:rough poetry, are invariably farcically comical, while George's flaccid attempts at humor, such as the entirety (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: "Star Wars is racist"

(...) if I too were lavishly rewarded with wealth and fame for writing things as scintillating as: "Sand is coarse and harsh -- you are soft and pretty. Me like soft things..." And what an expository masterstroke it was when Anakin killed all the (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  "Star Wars is racist"

(URL) in-depth analysis of the Star Wars series 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Return of the Inscrutably Weird Flash Videos, Part III

It must be a Japanese version of Monty Python's Flying Circus. /Tore (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Thanks Lindsay, Three minutes of my life I'll never get back ;) -- Bill Toenjes (TooMuchDew) "Mr L F Braun" <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message news:Gwt0L8.4po@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Return of the Inscrutably Weird Flash Videos, Part III

Good Lord. Anyone who can explain this to me is welcome to try. (URL) I guess the song is supposed to be of Pokémon origin, but, uh, yeah. best LFB (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact