 Off-Topic / Fun / 944
Re: Star Trek (was Re: When are K-12 spring breaks?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:28:51 GMT

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 09:24:58 GMT, Jesse Long uttered the following
profundities...
John Neal wrote in message <36CDF2B4.9C872C0A@uswest.net>...
LOL!  And then Will's expression after that comment!  Jesse (and others), • do
you have a favorite episode?

Not a favourite, but very good, was the one where Picard was
captured by the "mind-control device." That one where he
lived 30 years or so in 30 minutes, living on a planet doomed
to be swallowed by a star to eventually go nova.(Typical. This
is mentioned in the very next post on the thread!!)

The 2-parter episode with the big Borg battle (Picard as
Locutus).

I like all of the big-battle ones. Especially the 2 DS9 2-part
episodes (the title does say Star Trek!), Federation v The
Klingons, and the one where they fought the Cardassians and
Gem Hadar (haven't a clue on the spelling), where they were
forced to abandon DS9. I would appreciate no "what-happened-
next" comments, as that as far as we are in the brodcasts!!

Which leads me to an interesting point....
Today we have guided missiles galore. Star Trek VI, TUC, had
a guided photon torpedo....
So why, 72 years on from ST VI, are there still no guided
photon torpedoes???????????
Why, does a station armed with 5000 of the things, barely
hit a ship????? (probably debated ad nauseum for the last
decade on ST NG's, but I don't read them...)
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/