 Off-Topic / Fun / 936
Re: Star Trek (was Re: When are K-12 spring breaks?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 01:35:00 GMT

Yes, Q episodes rate among the best.  Have you seen him on DS9 and Voyager
episodes?  Fantastic.  Among my favs:  "The Offspring" (call me sappy, I liked
Lal), "Cause & Effect" where the Enterprise gets caught in a time loop for
seventeen days (the opening poker scene, over and over, and the destruction of
the Enterprise), and one I really liked, "The Inner Light" where Picard gets
zapped by a probe and lives out 30 years in the span of 30 minutes, raises a
family (son played by Stewart's actual son) and grows old.  I also have to say
that I enjoyed the series finale, too:~-(  I also agree that Lwaxana
(Roddenberry's widow) episodes were brutal, and doubley when they involved
Alexander:P

you have a favorite episode?

Not right off-hand.  A lot of episodes were good or very good, but not a lot
were stellar.  Q episodes were always good.  Now that I think about it, I
probably have a subconscious system that I use to rate the shows.  Q is a
plus to the rating, so is Ro, Riker in command, and actual starship combat.
Wesley, Pulaski, Lwuxana Troi, excessive technobabble, Data exploring his
humanity, talking your way out of a crisis, and Picard dealing with kids are
all minuses.  The absolute worst show was the one where Troi and Crusher are
trying to save Riker, and they have to stimulate negative memories to kill
the thing.  Talk about your cut and paste story.

The one where Riker thinks he just forgot the last 15 years but really got
captured by the alien kid is pretty good.  The one where Data gets command
of a starship to defend against a Romulan attack is good.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?
Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! http://www.multicon.de/fun/legofaq.html