 Off-Topic / Fun / 9192 (-20)
  Reduced Service

I got this from a pop-up on lego.com "Due to a reduced service from our carriers all orders placed after 27th April will not be shipped during the Easter Holidays." So it looks like orders posted after April 27 will *not* be mailed back in time. ;-/ (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Ep II Review on Ain't it Cool News (warning! it contains spoilers!)

(...) Actually, this review has been there for quite some time; a couple of days. Furthermore, many think Lucas leaked this trailer to get EPII some hype. So chances of a lawsuit are slim, I think. (...) Yeah, the review is quite positive and got me (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Ep II Review on Ain't it Cool News (warning! it contains spoilers!)

(...) excitement over the release of this film. That review had "fanboy" written all over it. SW has never been even 1/10th as good as it's source materials. And despite its flaws, LOTR showed the world how this kind of material should be handled. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Someone mention cats?

(URL) a good discussion of this at Slashdot, which seems to boil down to "Of course it won't work - the cat'll learn to drop the mouse (or whatever), smile for the camera, pick it back up, and swagger in". Also mentioned was the need for some cats (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Ep II Review on Ain't it Cool News (warning! it contains spoilers!)

Hi, I spotted this VERY bad boy earlier today: (URL) It purports to be a clandestine review written by someone who got to see a copy of the film early at the behest of Lucasfilm. Warning, it contains spoilers. Spoilers. Spoilers. I mean, assuming (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Coolest Commercial On TV Today...Yo Joe!

I wanted to post this while I was locked out of LUGNET changing my posting e-mail addy, and then it slipped my mind. Saw it again on Cartoon Network tonight and it jogged my memory. Check this out: (URL) SHOULD be a trailer for a CGI G.I. Joe movie, (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Lutheran Church To Switch From Communion Wine To Mountain Dew...

...Anticipation High For Licensing Deal To Replace Communion Wafers With Ritz Crackers _____ OK, I made the headine up, but if you haven't seen this yet, go to: (URL) on the MDTV link at the bottom of the page, then choose your connection speed to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Meat Isn't Murder (well, not anymore)

(...) But it's an interesting first step, at least. At some point they would presumably engineer beefy bacteria or cloned cattle cells to grow into molds, or somesuch, but in the meantime this seems like some good foundation work on the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: While I've got you here... (Was Re: FOTY: What a find!)

(...) The insect tendency indeed *is* universal, we do it here in .il too. I encountered the "quote, unquote" saying with my history teacher, who did not use th insect motion, and therefore confused me greatly, because she said it very fast, and (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Neato

(boy, this was posted half a year ago, but I had to comment ;-) (...) From my latest Discrete Math class I can explain to the world that this translates into: Lar: happy with the world -> complaining about something. In other words, whenever Larry (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Meat Isn't Murder (well, not anymore)

(...) This is pretty cool stuff, but a loooong way from vat-grown meat IMO. I was assuming that while organic tissue would have to supply code for the meat production vats, you wouldn't need to start with 'live' tissue as a seed. I would count that (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 10020 in S@H catalogue?

(...) Heh... just found this ;)... well you could trade it to me... but numbers don't mean anything to me :P... it's just a man made invention/idea anyway. Yeah... prob cause of my last email address? hehe.. well there's a story behind that... kinda (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: Meat Isn't Murder (well, not anymore)

(...) Gives a whole new meaning to "Fish Farm" ;) Jeff (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Meat Isn't Murder (well, not anymore)

(URL) few of us here have previously debated the value and promise of vat-grown meat--maybe it's not as far off as we'd thought... Dave! (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Grammar Police again (was: Alpha Team :)

Im glad its not just me. you cant use squiggly brackets either or people will think you are sad usenet script kiddie using 'if' statements in his postings (and saying thinks like k3wl and 133t. :) ) I find a bit of spacing helps, or shall we make it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: While I've got you here... (Was Re: FOTY: What a find!)

(...) Billy Connolly did an excellent routine where he described people who do the <wiggle fingers> quote thing, and then went on to advocate the mimed addition of all punction to conversation. Cheers Richie (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What are your other hobbies and passions?

(...) I'm taking a class right now at the Cleveland Institute of Art, and the instructor *wants* us to use a ballpoint pen. I've gotten quite a bit better at drawing with a pen because of it. However, drawing sure does drain the ink, especially when (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: While I've got you here... (Was Re: FOTY: What a find!)

(...) Dunno about universal, but it's common here in Aus, too. I think you can (at least partly) blame the inventors of the game of "Charades", where one uses the insect impersonation to indicate one's phrase is a quotation. ROSCO (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  While I've got you here... (Was Re: FOTY: What a find!)

(...) Say, Dave! I just heard an example another thing that makes no sense to me. It's when people who orally quote others say, "Quote, unquote" *before* launching into the actual quote. I'm only glad I heard it on the radio this time because when (...) (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Alpha Team .

(...) Adam, If he is from the Great White North, he should already be wearin' a touque. If not, he is a hoser, eh? Jude Somebody pass me the backbacon while I XFUT .off-topic.fun (23 years ago, 20-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact