 Off-Topic / Fun / 6987 (-20)
  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

Most artists make the majority of thier money by touring. It is and will always be impossible to "pirate" a live concert experience. Most artists make next to nothing off of CD/album sales. -Mike Petrucelli (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Since my name continues to reappear, I'll reiterate: I know this thread is long over, and it would probably be best to simply leave it alone, but something needs to be clarified. I don’t believe that anybody was really offended by the joke. (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) I would agree---except for what we do (FTE/ITW/EDA). All of those lists, tend towards tape trading _of non commerical material_ from the artist. It is seen as being done of love of the artist not out of spite. I mean, I own all the albums by (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) That's a good vision, but I'm concerned that it won't pan out that way. As long as someone--a loyal fan or not--is comfortable paying less or nothing for someone else's IP, there will always be considerable piracy. Even the alleged writer (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

Hey Mark... Pretty Good joke! Matt (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) I am definitely stunned that that one got by the lawyers. To me, that kind of thing just smells of disrespect for IP (which our world seems to be giving less and less respect for - I'm wondering what the music scene will be several decades (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Perhaps I could stand to lighten up, but perhaps I'm also genuinly concerned for our community, but maybe I shouldn't. Perhaps I should just let the community go where it wants. Maybe I shouldn't care about my fellow man. If you believe I am (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I'm sorry

(...) I wasn't particularly offended by it, but it did bother me, for a couple of reasons. The first being "What the (heck) is this doing in my e-mail?"...like a lot of people, I subscribe to .announce by e-mail; unlike many of those, I read a lot (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3ABF58EB.1D70@m...ing.com... (...) Mark put in some clues of his own. Did you read down on the side of his message, all the capital letters lined up to spell 'APRIL FOOLS' and the FUT was set (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Thanks for raising those last points about "show[ing] genuine concern for someone giving it up, and then getting slammed for it." And "[r]ealize that people come here for a variety of reasons and with various backgrounds." Indeed, the joke was (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) I certainly don't think that April Fools day should be canceled. What I am concerned is that with electronic communication amongst relative strangers, hoaxes lose something. With the face to face April Fools jokes of my childhood, one had all (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I'm sorry

(...) Sense of humor? What's that? hrm... The instant I read it, I knew it was a joke, and pretty clever one at that. It's too bad it didn't go over too well. Maybe the Spamcake fumes are polluting everyone's air supplies... Adrian -- (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

Sorry to see you go, your models have been a great inspiration. When you say "old age", what age are we talking about? If you're under 30 then I'll come around and give you a good hiding, that's not old, 30 is when things get better (I hope, I hit (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: I'm sorry

(...) Boy, meesa thinkin' this sound berry berry familiar... ;^) Dan (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) HAAAA hah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! (deep breath) AAHHHH ha hah hah hah ha ha ha ha ha!!! (Another deep breath) Uhhhh hah hah ha ha ha ha ha ha! Woooo, hoooo hoooo! Uhhhh, man, uh.....AAAAAHHH ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (cough, choke) heh heh heh, (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  I'm sorry

I'm sorry if anyone took my joke the wrong way. I assure you all, it was really intended to be in good fun. I know it was a breach in protocol to post to .announce and to start it a week early. I was hoping it would slowly get around to people, and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Let's all calm down now, it was just a harmless joke by a nice guy known as Admiral...uh, Grand Admiral. He has shown us some amazing, creative and Unique creations over the years, hasn't he? Gee, I think we can cut him a little slack here and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) Let's all calm down now, it was just a harmless joke by a nice guy known as Admiral...uh, Grand Admiral. He has shown us some amazing, creative and Unique creations over the years, hasn't he? Gee, I think we can cut him a little slack here and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

(...) A P R I L F O O L S ! ! ! ! Anybody still concerned for Mark's Soul, I've got a Highway construction set to sell you real cheap ($85!). 8oD Aaron (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Calling it Quits

OOOh can i spot it? I feel its time to let Those who feel they Have the need or the Interest to N(k)ow Knife Sometimes its just too easy Especially at this time of year Errrr... Thanks for the laugh Had some fun And now I'm running out of things to (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact