 Off-Topic / Fun / 6121
Re: I need help with a school project! Who owns a lawnmower?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:26:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremiah VanderMark writes:
Hello all,

My Industrial Design group is doing a project on lawnmowers, and I need to
survey a few people about theirs. The main problem is that there's no grass
in Detroit. If anyone would help me out, It would be greatly appreciated!

   No grass in Detroit?  You just haven't asked the right
   person yet!

   Oh, wait.  You mean lawns.  I do technically own a mower
   (but no lawn), so I'll answer this.

1) What is the make and model of your lawnmower? Why
did you choose this brand?

   I'm not sure what the brand is.  The stamp is illegible
   and the label (if there was one) has worn away.  The
   make?  I think it's a fairly standard, single-drum push
   thrashing-mower, the kind gran'pappy used to have.

2) How would you improve your lawnmower?

   Probably motorize it, else sharpen the blades.  Ideally,
   I'd get someone else to push it.

3) What do you like specifically about your lawnmower?

   Low petroleum consumption.  (Except for oil--lots of
   oil...when I use it again)  Oh, and it doesn't throw
   rocks and sticks very fast, so no impaling.

4) Specific dislikes?

   It's a bloody push-mower!  It's the eighth task of
   Hercules!

5) Do you feel safe operating your mower? If no, why?

   I feel quite safe operating my mower.  The grass
   will feel fairly safe as well, no doubt.

6) How would you improve the starter on your mower?

   I'd like to lose a bit of weight, maybe build some
   muscle mass...

   best

   Lindsay