 Off-Topic / Fun / 5414
Re: Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:30:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Simon Denscombe writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Their strategy of just standing around the goal and keeping the offence away
didn't seem to work last nite (not that I really care about soccer, but I do
care about needling some of my friends a bit, if you see what I mean)

What do you know about football

I know as much about it as I care about it, that is to say: almost nothing. I
*think* you use a white ball that has black spots on it, but don't hold me to
it, OK? Something to do with running around a lot and not taking very many time
outs? I dunno.

(I was supporting anyone but France)

Now that's a strategy, all right. No doubt the French will be insufferable this
year. (but which year, I ask you, are they not?... winning is merely an excuse
for how they act anyway)

++Lar