 Off-Topic / Fun / 5230
Re: Gladiator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 19:37:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Greg Majewski writes:
Anyone seen this movie yet? I did and I must say it was a lot better than I
was expecting it to be. It was a bit predictable, though. Nonetheless, I
still thought it was great! That Sciconian chariot scnee was the greatest!

Loved that scene!  A bit more gorilla-chest-pounding violence and a bit less
sappy foreshadowing and it could've been a truly great movie.  :-)  I felt it
was worth the price of admission just for the eye-candy in the initial 15
minutes.  And Man, the scenes of the architecture in ancient Rome, esp. the
Colosseum, I thought those were incredible!  Definitely a movie I want to see
again when it comes out in widescreen format on DVD...

--Todd