 Off-Topic / Fun / 5136
Re: Evidence of Warm Blooded Dinosaurs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:05:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Sproaticus wrote:
obnotherdinotopic:  Brontosauri and related dinos probably gave live birth.
Many bronto nests have been found, but no eggs.
Ichthyosaurs absolutely did (there's a famous fossil of an Ophthalmosaurus
that died while giving birth and was somehow fossilized),
True, however, Ichthyosaurs are definitely not a good example, if you ask me.

There's even some debate as to whether ichthyosaurs were true dinosaurs anyway.

Oh, regarding that end-of-the-sauropods argument, there are fossil
representatives of late camarosaurs (I believe) in the late Cretaceous.
I think he was kidding about the jumping part.  ;)

Yah, I was...Mondays.  :-,

I did not like the ideas presented on the subject by The Discovery Channel's
"Walking with Dinosaurs."  :)

What ideas were those?

Cheers,
- jsproat