 Off-Topic / Fun / 501
  Re: 6 months!

Why be worried? We don't have door-to-door Compu-Cops ... (1) Regardless ... I've made my whole collection of CD's into MP3's ... Though normally only the 'decent' songs that I actually listen to and like. Now all I have to get is the Panasonic (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) Hrmmm. I'm in the market for a 50+" TV right now. Does that mean I could justify taking a half dozen out of the store at night to "evaluate" as long as I return the ones I don't like then pay for the one I keep? (...) I wouldn't bother with it (...) (26 years ago, 17-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) Well, there's a key difference with software, that makes all such analogies silly: you can make an infinite number of copies at no cost. It's more like: you have a Star Trek replicator at home, and you take from the store the (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) Yeah, I know the typical rationalization. The reality, though, is that someone who pirates software (or music) is taking something they don't own without the owner's permission. If I could steal 50" tv's from Circuit City down the street from (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) Sure, but you at least admit that they're different. I think it makes sense to examine how laws _should_ apply to intellectual property in the digital age, rather than just blindly extending physical property laws via a somewhat stretched (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) Me too, but I just installed BeOS Release 4 and it is way too cool to not lose sleep over. :) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) ooh, now that's back to fun. I'm still waiting for BeOS to have all the right support needed to run on my Libretto.... I've seen release 3 -- how different is 4? (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: 6 months!

(...) Well, I don't have much to compare it with. I had 3.2 on a Mac here in the office until today, but only for a week or so. I know they must have improved video support for this 8600, though, because now I can run at 1024x768x8x75 whereas before (...) (26 years ago, 18-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)