 Off-Topic / Fun / 4356
Re: Legoholic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 09:52:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Scott P. Costello writes:
Hello, my name is Scott and I am a Legoholic.  Since my obsession with Lego
begun I lost friends, all my money, and I almost lost my family.

Really though, is there any kind of clinic for people with this disorder,
Forget Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, I need Legoholics
Anonymous.  We need a simple ten step program that operates one day at a time.

Is there anyone out there like me? I feel so alone.

I've experienced the same problem as you.  In the second half of '99 I've
spent about 99% of my free time doing lego-related activities like building,
sorting, looking at catalogs, reading lugnet, buying on eBay, going to TRU,
etc.  It was the same thing every day coming home from work and building with
lego until I went to sleep and on the weekends the same thing.  After about 5
months I got so sick of it that just looking at Lego was very depressing and
the answer was to ebay it all off.  It was not a money problem but a mental
problem.  I think the answer is to balance Lego with other things.  Too much
of anything is not good, even Lego.  After this experience I made a commitment
not to buy more than one set every couple months.