 Off-Topic / Fun / 4324
Re: Legoholic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 02:23:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal writes:

Scott Costello wrote:

Hello, my name is Scott and I am a Legoholic.  Since my obsession with Lego
begun I lost friends, all my money, and I almost lost my family.

Really though, is there any kind of clinic for people with this disorder,
Forget Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, I need Legoholics
Anonymous.  We need a simple ten step program that operates one day at a
time.

Is there anyone out there like me? I feel so alone.

As well you should.  Scott, you have a terrible problem to which there is only
one solution-- rid yourself of the offending bricks.  Being one who is here to
help you (that's all I do), I would be willing to take all of your bricks off
your hands so that you may heeall. Really, it's for your own good.  Just send
your collection to me.  And please don't thank me.  Just the knowledge that I
helped another human being is thanks enough.
BTW, this offer extends out to anyone else as well....

John, you convinced me! I'll be sending all my lego collection over to you
tomorrow! Expect it any time next Millenium... ;-)

;^D John

Now seriously, Scott -

If you feel your lego-addiction is a problem, it will be a problem. If your
friends stopped talking to you just because you're a lego-fan, maybe they
aren't the best choice of friends - they should appreciate you for what you
are.
I suggest, go out and meet some new people - some who will like you no matter
what. (Well, I guess they would have a reason to stop liking you if you mugged
them ;-)

As for the money-problem, you have to put some limits on yourself.
Decide that you are only buying one lego set a week, up to a limit of $100.
(If you want to buy a more expensive one, don't buy one the week before).
Or alternatively, Set aside ten bucks (cash) every day, and only buy lego with
that money.
You have to think of what's really important to you. If you really enjoy lego,
and want to continue pursuing the hobby, then do it. But if your (so-called)
friends are more important, then balance yourself. Make some time to spend
with them instead of with lego.

I really HTH,
Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/