 Off-Topic / Fun / 4127
Re: Dark Gray Tanker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:03:10 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

When our normal secretary is off of maternity leave, I will be blessed again
to have intelligent help.

Erm, this IS .fun, right? So I can nitpick?? Yes? thanks. Well, then...

I think "off of" is incorrect usage in this context. RWRATP(1), but I
think it is just "is off maternity leave".

Me, I get confused, so I would have written it as "has returned from
maternity leave".

Now, we're talking one note slighly off in an otherwise pleasant song,
rather than an entire car crash recorded at high speed and then played
back in slow speed at extreme volume (which is what I claim "he don't
want no money" sounds like, relatively speaking...).

1 - Real Writers Rewrite Around The Problem, from the IBMTEXT NITPICK
forum... Frank, is that forum still alive on the IBMTEXT conferencing
disk? Do people still even use forums?

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!