 Off-Topic / Fun / 4135
Re: Dark Gray Tanker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 02:16:55 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:03:10 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Do people still even use forums?

Larry? Look around this virtual space. What is it you see?

Something non IBMish.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I wasn't talking to you(1), and wasn't talking
about newsgroups(2). Forums are a peculiar, IBM specific thing that
significantly predate the widespread adoption of newsgroups. They were
dying out, relatively speaking, within IBM when I left.

Exactly.

Not exactly.

1 - unless you just changed your name to Frank, that is.

2 - here's a clue, do you know of a newsgroup named IBMTEXT NITPICK
FORUM?? Note the capitalization and lack of periods in the name. Here's
another clue... do you know what a "conferencing disk" is(3)? Doesn't
SOUND much like "news server" does it?

3 - no reason that you should if you have never worked at IBM, it's
pretty trailing edge technology at this point. But that's not the point.
The point is, I was asking Frank F. a specific question.
--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!