 Off-Topic / Fun / 4119
Re: Dark Gray Tanker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:04:44 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3888BDAD.7AAE@mindspring.com...
No, a double negative would be "I wouldn't not use Brasso just because
it might dull the parts a bit."

I have never heard anyone use a double negative like that.  Almost always, a
double negative takes form where the don't is in front of the verb, followed
by the verb and then a second negative in the predicate.  Here are two
examples I have caught our temporary secretary using recently:

"He don't want no money"
"We don't know nothin."

When our normal secretary is off of maternity leave, I will be blessed again
to have intelligent help.

Mike Poindexter