 Off-Topic / Fun / 3124
Re: The Americans are gonna destroy the Earth!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:52:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy Sproat writes:
Carbon 60 wrote:
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/99/07/18/stinwenws02029.html? • 999

Follow-up article:

http://boston.com/dailyglobe2/284/science/Defusing_fear_of_Big_Bang_machine+.s • html

I wonder:  if the collision of two elementary charged particles generates a
huge amount of energy within a tiny space, what would happen if someone just
happened to be sitting in the collision chamber at the instant of collision?

Hemorrhoids, you silly..

Oh wait.. sitting in it, not on it. Oh, well that's different.

- Would he or she instantiate a new and sentient parallel universe,
irrationally bent upon building an accelerator which could collide spamcake
particles?

Most everything collides with spamcake particles. That's a cheap shot and you
know it.

- Would they go out in a shower of sparks and huge bouts of flame?

No. Actually, huge bouts of sparks and showers of flame.

- Would the intense electrical and magnetic fields simply kill them first?

Spamcake particles have a noted behavior of being energy absorbant, that is,
any energy released in a collision that would cause their creation would
instantly be absorbed by the new particle, as well as energy in a radius of
1.6 x 10^18 mm of 1.2 x 10^-3 mj per square mm of exposed spamcake at 20
degrees centigrade. Which accounts for low sales resistance in many cases.

- Could this be used as a murder weapon in an Asimov-esque mystery?  "There's
nothing here but this tiny pile of highly-charged dark matter, Sarge."  "Yes
but what's this...?  It has an autographed photo of Hari Seldon and a smudge
of lipstick on its collar!"

Hmm. Obviously a Second Foundation trap.

-Tom McD.
when replying, wild South American spamcakes can sense fear up to 20 meters.