 Off-Topic / Debate / 1552
Re: The Americans are gonna destroy the Earth!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 23:52:46 GMT

Its the end of the world as we know it!!

Now if you surounded yourself in a Lego bomb shelter would the ABS provide any
protection?

Now that being said and kidding aside, being an American I feel that I am
probably in the minority of Americans in thinking that we pose the greatest
danger to the Earths existance than any other country.

Now there is the possibility that India and Pakistan, North & South Korea, or
any number of other countries with the capability could fire Nuclear Weapons
at each other in the future the chances of this being the end of the World is
almost nil.

On the other hand a wealthy Capitalistic society could possibly go overboard
and experiment for the sake of experimenting or just trying to discover
something that does not need discovering could ultimately bring about the end
of the World.

Now I am not a fatalist and I doubt very much that the End of the World is
upon us and feel we all have many years, even centuries, left to destroy our
world slowly and not in one catastrophic man made event.

Happy thoughts,

Eric

jawaspam left in the sun will rot at a slower rate than most pseudo-meats.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Simon Denscombe writes:
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/99/07/18/stinwenws02029.html?999

Need I say more...

Strange quarks are cool.

--