 Off-Topic / Fun / 3050
Re: Final Fantasy VIII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:53:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
2 - My Final Fantasy Ranking: (Best to Worst)
    1.  Final Fantasy IV
    2.  Final Fantasy VIII
    3.  Final Fantasy V
    4.  Final Fantasy VI
    5.  Final Fantasy II
    6.  Final Fantasy III
    7.  Final Fantasy I
    8.  Final Fantasy VII

There's THAT many of them? They tie Mega Man (original series(1)) in their
sheer number!

Quality over Quantity?  ;)  I've never really liked Platform games very much.
Probably 'cause I suck at 'em.  :)  Anyways, RPGs are one of the most popular
game types in Japan.  In fact, two of the biggest companies in Japan make
mostly RPGs: Square and Enix.  These two companies can basically make or break
a console system.

Also, two other RPG series that have a lot of games in them are SaGa (8) and
Dragon Quest (7).  There'd probably be more if RPGs didn't take so long to
make.  :)

Jeff