 Off-Topic / Fun / 2563
Re: GMLTC module at BayLUG follow-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:48:39 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tamyra Teed writes:
John Neal wrote:
You know that would probably be a great idea for you guys to do...
instead of each club having the same height tables, build 2 that will
give you a graded uphill and downhill to the level of the other table.
Gives you a little more variance over a "flat" layout.  Granted most of
the tables have some type of rise to them in spots, though how about
adding a small city valley??   hmmm I'll keep that idea in mind whenever
I get the chance to start on some train tables....

Sounds good, especially since we won't have nearly the bricks that GMLTC has
to work with. It could even be that a bridge goes over a lowered section of
water.

This is a timely suggestion too, being that November is our next train-themed
meeting.

Cool Tom, that's another great idea! I can't wait to see some of these
new tables if you guys get the chance! I was always going to get around
to suggesting this when the topic came up before though something would
always come up I guess... There's no reason you guys all have to have
the same exact tables :) and there should be an easy way to work around
height differences...  All you need to do is let each other train group
know where your tracks sit, how high, wide... and go from there..

I should still be a young spry chicken in
that year :)  <don's the hip boots>

You mean chick, right? ;-)  Hip boots? With spiked heels? Umm.. I'll leave it
here. :-)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! That's a good idea.. leave it there!

-Tom McD. (who is fairly certain that John Neal will respond somehow)
when replying, try new sugar-frosted Spamcakes! now also in new anthrax flavor.

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy

Follow the bouncing boxes!