 Off-Topic / Fun / 2102
Re: What is "powerful"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:54:01 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...
Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:

Do you have the line in config.sys beginning something like:
device=c:\windows\command\country.sys ...
or
Country=046,850,c:\windows\COMMAND\country.sys
(046,850 is Swedish...)

and maybe you need:
device=c:\windows\command\display.sys ...

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I already have these lines in my
config.sys:

   device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
   Country=047,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

(I assume the case of the path is irrelevant.)

Fredrik

Being a non-US user, we have the same problems, so here is the excerpts from
my autoexec.bat and config.sys files:

CONFIG.SYS:

device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
country=090,857,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

AUTOEXEC.BAT

mode con codepage prepare=((857) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega2.cpi)
mode con codepage select=857
keyb tr,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keybrd2.sys /id:179

All of those five lines are being strictly required for correct keyboard and
country specific things (like date format) for either DOS boot, or in any
DOS window.

You should check your COUNTRY.TXT (or the like) info file to see which
EGAx.CPI (there are three of them) and which KEYBOARx.SYS (there are 4 of
them) file. Your error messages look like either there is no "ega.cpi" in
the specified directory, or it does not include the codepage that you try to
change.

Selçuk