 Off-Topic / Fun / 2047
Re: What is "powerful"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:54:55 GMT

"Moz (Chris Moseley)" <moz1@ihug.com.au> writes:

And you don't always have the "Win" part of the "WinModem" available?

True.  I'm happy to say that I can get away with using Linux at least
parts of the time.  But I still need to fire up my DOS-partition to run
LDraw and friends.

BTW, do anybody know the solution for a current problem with my MSDOS
system?  When I hit "-", it turns into a "/".  Likewise, "+" turns into
a "-".  This works properly in Windows 95, but fails under MSDOS, which
means that it also fails under LEdit.  And as you all know, hitting
something like "Y-8 RET" generates "Y/8 RET", which crashes LEdit, so
I'm in a bit of trouble here.

I have the current thingeys in my AUTOEXEC.BAT, which should have fixed
the problems:

    c:\windows\command\mode.com con cp prep=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
    c:\windows\command\mode.com con cp sel=850

Upon execution when I boot the DOS-partition, these lines generate these
error messages.  The error messages are in Norwegian, but I've tried to
translate them to English:

c:\windows\command\mode.com con cp prep=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)

"Får ikke tilgang til skriftfilen for tegntabellen"
In English: "Can not get access to the scriptfile? for the character? table"

c:\windows\command\mode.com con cp sel=850

"Tegntabell ikke klargjort"
In English: "Character? table not ready."

Any suggestions?

Oh, and I was careless enough to let Windows format a DOS-partition the
other day.  Of course, it also wrecked one of my Linux-partitions.  It
probably considers any non-DOS partitions as garbage.  (Yes, I had a
backup, but it's still annoying.)

Fredrik