 Off-Topic / Fun / 1990
Re: An interesting diversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 10:33:17 GMT

Terry K wrote
Aw, come on Moz.  Picking the first in the list isn't the way.  Dig deep and
search for the one the elicits at least a glimmer of interest.  Or perhaps just
choose based on the esthetic look of the words, but don't just pick the first
one.  Ya gotta at least *try* to work with the system.  :-)

Nah, I figured I'd have more chance of breaking something by doing the first
one each time. Seems I was right :)

Actually I was reading Booch today, the bit where they were asking people to
come up with classification systems for objects. There's a page with simple
line drawings of trains, and you have to come up with as many ways to organise
them as possible. At time of publication they had 93 different ways!

So naturally I started making a list :) I'll put the pic on my web site for
those of you who can't stand the pain.

Moz