 Off-Topic / Fun / 11550
Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2010 03:51:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bob Parker wrote:

   I believe that LUGNET is sound in theory and can still be THE hub for AFOLs.

I suppose it’s nice to dream,,, :P

Why not? It was great when it was; why not have it be great again?

I also agree that Lugnet was THE place to go back in the day and I also wouldn’t mind seeing it rise again. But I am just thinking that Lugnet’s inability to edit and cancel posts will be a huge factor preventing it from being the proverbial phoenix.

Hmm,,,this conversation may be too deep for .off-topic.fun ;)

Editing goes against “the newsgroup spirit”, which was a big deal to Todd... (and maybe that means the implementation of editing would be hard, I have no idea) But cancellation, if by the author, does not go against that spirit, in my view. Perhaps an interim and technically easy solution would be to allow anyone to “murfle” their own post and replace it (even if now in the wrong place in the tree) with what they want to say in a new post.

But really, editing would be best. If you want people to stand behind what they say, make the previous version visible with another click.