 Off-Topic / Fun / 11547
Re: New LEGO Universe Tradition Card Game coming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:35:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.mediawatch, John Neal wrote:

Yes, it seems that LUGNET has been surpassed in terms of board bells and whistles and AFOLs have preferred to go elsewhere to talk about LEGO.

But I refuse to gentle into that good night;

You know, Horse and Buggy Repairmen were the same way about the horseless carriage ;)

Yeah, but I think that the analogy is flawed. The horseless carriage is FAR superior to what it replaced; other boards may have a nice feature here and there, but they are not VASTLY superior to LUGNET. I think that there is great value in different AFOL groups like the train guys and the space guys hanging out in close proximity. THAT is community. Various theme-specific pre-fab boards, or chatting that goes on on an image site like Flickr is the very definition of compartmentalized dorkage......

   I believe that LUGNET is sound in theory and can still be THE hub for AFOLs.

I suppose it’s nice to dream,,, :P

Why not? It was great when it was; why not have it be great again?

JOHN