 Off-Topic / Fun / 11171
Re: ClarificationRe: Does God Have A Name For God?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Avery Christy wrote:

   Well, I am a newcomer apparently to this conversation, not knowing what was before and being too lazy to look it up, I was intrigued by the John 10 verse and I did look that up. First of all, I am not sure what version of the Bible you got this from, but when I am looking for authentic, as close to the original as possible, I go for the original Greek translation.

Yikes! I know just enough Greek to order a Caesar Salad and to know that Pluto’s moon is pronounced “Ka-ron” and not “Sha-ron.”

Yes, I know that those are both Latin derivatives.

By the way...

lol That’s funny. Because I was going to comment on that very idea but decided to let it slide instead:-)

The only reason “Caesar” was on my mind is that my building’s cafeteria put up a new menuboard offering “Ceaser Salad.”

I guess a salad that causes something to cease could be a ceaser salad?

Or an amorous salad? Reminds me of the “honeymoon salad” (lettuce alone;-)

JOHN