 Off-Topic / Debate / 27502
Re: Does God Have A Name For God?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 01:21:56 GMT

   I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Granted, it doesn’t explicity say “aliens,” but it clearly talks about sheep “not of this sheep pen.” Sort of resonates with “not of this Earth,” don’t you think?

Very astute.

Indeed, I think the ‘pen’ thingie is very telling. What is a planet, if not a pen for the lifeforms on it. We might imagine other pens. And nothing of which I am aware suggest that ours is the first pen to which the shepherd has come, and it is obviously not the last.

I always had a sneaking suspicion that this shepherd dude was really a Little Green Man in disguise...

Richard Still baldly going...