 Off-Topic / Fun / 11031
Re: At last we learn the real story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:02:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:

   By the way, I can sort of relate to troublesome names and the nicknames they yield. A local plumbing company in the area where I grew up was called “Schuler Service.” I’m not related to the proprietor, so I never saw any profits from his fine plumbery, but the name-sameness was sufficient to saddle me with all kinds of potty humor through at least junior high school.

As you might imagine, I too wasn’t unaffected by potty barbs WRT my name.

   I made peace with it, though; as part of my high school Talent Show act I juggled toilet plungers (and I was flushed with pride, of course).

I hope that they hadn’t recently been utilized! (a scene from Stand By Me comes to mind)

JOHN

(perhaps we could get a Lar gripe TT weekly? :-)