 Off-Topic / Fun / 10947 (-10)
  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Now THAT is a great feature, and something I'd love to see on LUGNET. I only mentioned the under-13 thing because the new people that C-C.com brags about bringing in seem to include a large proportion of non-adults. Marc Nelson Jr. (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) CSF does :-) (...) While I can't deny there's a miniscule potential for despotic leadership, it seems to be the enlargement of an assessment of it that is needlessly scaring a few. There seems to be a few "what-ifs" about the mods (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Of course it was. It's a shame you don't get that. (...) Thanks to your questioning, I actually now have a better understanding of what the MOC section is meant to be. I'll have to clarify this on the forum. The MOC section is meant as a place (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Rick is not a Mod. You can see the list of Mods here: (URL) Quite a lot, yes, but to be honest I doubt many of us will be needed. Also, you need to understand the "MOC Announcements" Forum is for finished MOCs. CSF welcomes all builders to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) sniped a bunch of attitue (...) Isn't that one of primary complaints about lugnet? Its too big and slow to change? (...) Not angry, merely posing some honest questions and expressing opinions & concerns. Something that apparently is not (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

sorry to reply to my own post. I do wish lugnet had an edit feature. I put in a double negative... I meant: I would say that it doesn't apply to all who have joined so far. That was my initial gut reaction to the rules though, especially with the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) my only real complaint so far is that I cannot find the scroll bars against the black background. Makes it hard to read longer threads (...) I have no problem following a set of rules that make sense and are orderly. (...) Oops, I didn't mean (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) There was really nothing to refute. I was merely expressing my OPINIONS about your guidelines. I was asking an honest question about rule #5 though. What does it mean and was it meant to be sarcastic. I have no problem following a set of rules (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) Because a lot of cool people hang out there? I dunno how long I will keep my current activity level at CSF but I'm having fun... I think people should sit back and not worry. Diversity in discussion groups is good for the growth of the hobby. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums

(...) In fact many of these LUGNET lurkers are already feeling welcome enough to post, even with all the "evil" rules... I wonder why that is? (URL) Peace! -Jason (20 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact