 Off-Topic / Fun / 10751
Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:06:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron wrote:

And I’ve liked runcible spoon since I was a child although to this day I do not know what a runcible spoon actually is.

Nowadays it’s that two-in-one utensil you get at Kentucky Fried Chicken. A spork. But the term was made up purely for rhyming purposes by Edward Lear, when it referred to a fork with one sharp curved prong and two wider prongs, useful for spearing olives for instance.

Sounds as though it would be perfect to use for dining on mince and slices of quince!