 General / 48209
Re: What's Your Favorite English Word?! (was: What's Your Favorite German Word?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:06:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeroen de Haan wrote:
Nice all those German words, although most were quite familiar for a Dutchman.
So my question is:

What is your favorite (or actually most beautiful) English word?

Mine is benevolence. I heard it first (and actually only) in a song by Nick
Cave; "As I sat sadly by her side".

Please take this to off-topic.fun, it's not really on topic for .general...

Thanks!

++Lar (whose favorite English word is NOT "compartmentalised" although sometimes
it looks like it is)