 Off-Topic / Fun / 10342 (-20)
  Re: "Banned" word/phrase list for 2002

(...) Ouch! We got burned in that one-- "It's a Good Thing(tm)" can no longer be used! Dave K -who remains in an extreme undisclosed, secret location as per Homeland Security orders against WoMD... (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  "Banned" word/phrase list for 2002

Lake Superior State College has released their annual list of words and phrases they feel ought to be banished. (URL) are selected by them (in an annual tradition dating back to the mid 70's) based on nominations by the general public. LSSC is in (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Nicknames for favorite LEGO parts

The full song is an instant classic. Performed by Brak on Episode 5 of "The Brak Show," the lyrics are: "Friendship is like an ointment When you've been stung by fifty bees. Wherever you rub it You know it feels better Because it's a topical (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Jeroen Has New Trains

(...) Just remember, don't piss me off ;-) (URL) me, they look like two renderings of the same thing, with the lighting changed) -Tim (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

Ohh, that was "you guys" not you specifically. Didnt mean to aim that at one person. :) Also wanted to mention as i am sure it will come up.. I am not worried about the defensability of my faith. I have no 'need' to defend it. Christ can defend (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

Well. I am not looking for a big heavy discussion. If the participants arent going to be friendly then I am not intersted and that is the general vibe that I hear about it. I am also not interested in deep theological discusions. I didnt come here (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Cost overruns

(...) Haha! I think you did a fine job of keeping this light and non-combative. On topic (or is it off-topic, I get confused in this area of Lugnet, or LUGNet, or wherever we are)... I must admit that one of the reasons I chose to point out the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Cost overruns

(...) You wrote, "Just the other day I called to request a song on a local radio station and had to explain I was "having a beer and playing with Lego Toys." Though, I didn't name the beer brand." You've got to stop drinking and building man! ;) (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) .debate doesn't suffer fools gladly, no. If you just waltz in there and tell people you have some Good News for them, you're not likely to get a warm reception. (...) and some silliness, and you have the common sense to tell which is which, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Abednego, I think. When I was a kid, I was taught a little mnemonic; "shake the bed, make the bed, and to bed we go." Innocent then, but now I think it could have other implications ;') The Rev. might get a kick out of that one... I wonder (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Cost overruns

(...) Ahh, but also also note that in the world of copy editing and publication, it is improper to use ALL CAPS in that manner... Revisit my post from last year's discussion and note the bit about theslot.com... :) (URL) Galactic Mediator (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Cost overruns

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:HDrEyF.185F@lugnet.com... (...) lowercase (...) Also note the incorrect newsgroup. Quite clearly this is an on-topic fun posting and therefore should not be put in off-topic.fun ; P -- James Stacey (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Cost overruns

(...) Ahh, but also note the *incorrect* form of the word "LEGO" (use of lowercase letters instead of the proper uppercase). JOHN (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Cost overruns

Just saw this in yesterday's paper (URL) the correct use of (r) and TM! ... grin!) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) I tried that strange liquid you refer to as 'cheap light beer' once. Blech. Gimme an import - does that make me more geeky? -Tim (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Oh please please PLEASE don't make this into a campy movie...

(...) Oh it was definitely campy, but so was the 80's ;) But if it degenerates into something like that Adam West/Burt Ward 2 hour special a few weeks back... I had such a crush on Bonnie (Rebecca MacPherson, iirc) growing up. (...) And at the end (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Oh please please PLEASE don't make this into a campy movie...

(...) As much as I enjoyed watching that show a lot when I was younger, I'd have to say that it was pretty campy already. ...Still, I think of the Brady Bunch movies of being parodies, where Charlies Angels, although it had humor, still was a fun (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Oh please please PLEASE don't make this into a campy movie...

(...) Actually the black firebird, I think, would be a good choice--nostalgic and all that... It's still a pretty good looking car. Though, the Geo Metro... ;) Dave K (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Oh please please PLEASE don't make this into a campy movie...

(...) If it has anything to do with David Hasselhoff it will most definitly suck. If he stays off the screen, it might be ok, but even when he wasn't on baywatch, that still sucked. Do you think they'll use a busted out 83 firebird or update it, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Oh please please PLEASE don't make this into a campy movie...

(URL) Rider on the big screen... I loved this show when I was growing up and still sit thru repeats sometimes. Don't screw it up like the movie, 'I Spy'. Why is it that when these great shows turn into campy comedies on the big screen? I mean the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact