 Off-Topic / Fun / 10327
Re: Oh please please PLEASE don't make this into a campy movie...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:50:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Koudys writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erick Jensen writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, David Koudys writes:
So again, don't blow this one.  "Charlies Angels" seems to be okay on the
large screen--follow suit and do right by KITT ;)

As much as I enjoyed watching that show a lot when I was younger, I'd have
to say that it was pretty campy already.

Oh it was definitely campy, but so was the 80's ;)  But if it degenerates
into something like that Adam West/Burt Ward 2 hour special a few weeks back...

I had such a crush on Bonnie (Rebecca MacPherson, iirc) growing up.

...Still, I think of the Brady Bunch movies of being parodies, where
Charlies Angels, although it had humor, still was a fun actiony movie that
didn't really poke too much fun at the original.  I think a Knight Rider
movie could work either way, although I agree doing it more like Charlies
Angels would be better, provided they updated things to make it less '80s.
There will still be some cheese though, even if without Hasselhoff, simply
because it's pretty hard to have a car drive up a ramp into a moving truck
without seeming cheesy.

And at the end of almost every season they totalled the 'indestructble car'

Suddendly I have the theme song stuck in my head...  ;)

-H.

"...a shadowy world of a man who does not exist..."
"...in a world where criminals operate above the law..."

;)

Dave K