 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1161 – 1180 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) Heh. Our last gun control exchange ended with us becoming pals. Who knows what would happen next? You're 100% correct that my examples were anecdotal, which was kind of my point, too. You're also right that a quantity of rifles makes a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys writes: ROFLMAO!!! You don't know squat about my province, your whole post was a big confused mess. First, we were forced in the Constitution in 1867. I presume your Anglo-Canadian don't tell you these facts (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)

Once again, in the category of "Why Bother?"... (...) You do not get to decide that -- they do! I am pretty sure a Xtian is anyone calling themselves a Xtian, however misguided you may think their beliefs may be. For example, President Shrub thinks (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: John Leo's opinion of "The West Wing"

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) If the point that still stands is "Everything in parenthesis was added by David", that is correct. If, however, the point that still stands is "and is incorrectly associated with the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: An Alternative..

Richard, I am not being argumentative just for the sake of it. I am truly having difficulty seeing your side of this, and as is usually the case, wondering why you can't see mine. I made some replies below that I would like you to look at. I am (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  No Longer Quite So Quiet in here

(...) I'm still convinced that Republicans were responsible for Fieger being the Democratic candidate for Governor. He was about the only person available who polarized people more than Engler. Had I been in Michigan, I would have gone to the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Libertarian Propaganda (was incorrectly referred to as SPAM elsewhere in the thread)

Warning! I am replying to Larry Pieniazek here! Of course, that means lots of quoted text is included to keep the context clear, and this post is a doozy! You have been warned! (...) *sniff* I feel SO special *sob* (gently wipes small tear of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Speaks for itself...

Let's try this again. "The Truth Will Emerge..." (URL) truth will emerge"... more like "the PORK will emerge". Byrd may be right about Iraq, for the most part. Unnecessary war, and what appears to be a bungling of the aftermath in a much more (...) (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

Asked and answered ad nauseum. You want justification? I don't need any more than the law of the land on my side as far as I am concerned. You claim the law doesn't say what I claim it does, but my actions and those of thousands like me and unlike (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Thank you Simon, for bringing up Liberia. Any nation whose Constitution guarantees the freedoms of its people deserves to be included among the greatest nations on earth. The table is set for that country-- the possibilities for them are (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement

(...) Bush's justifications for this war changed almost weekly, it seemed. Now, within the terms of diplomacy, this can be understandable to a point as you may find it advantagous to emphasize different aspects to different people, but it seems more (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) Fair enough. (...) Yeah, because I *do* make a distinction between the deadly force perpetrated by both sides. The Israelis desire to root out and kill *terrorists*-- the fact that these cowardly scumbags hide in and among the civilian (...) (22 years ago, 24-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Why the founding fathers limited government scope (was Re: Rolling Blackouts

(...) And then misinterpreted them. (...) Sorry. You are correct. There is a *tiny* bit of difference between protecting privacy and respecting anonymity. Not enough that you can slip a piece of paper beween them, but a tiny bit. However, it's still (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:H9LEJC.7q@lugnet.com... <snip> Middle East oil goes to Europe, where they drive their 5 liter V12 engines (...) I (...) No, the point is we don't have 5 liter V12 engines. Normal (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Is Nader Really a Threat to Democracy?

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:HtrMwH.7KL@lugnet.com... (...) community (...) of (...) represent (...) then I (...) Many of my fellow employees are shareholders. They benefit when the company benefits. The (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: More throwbacks to Hitler...

(...) Somehow I doubt that your version of 'what would have happened' in lieu of the 'revolutionary war' is quite the same idea as my version would be. That said, who knows what would have happened if you didn't have your little tea party, and the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) I agree entirely. That's why I never get into the statistics of it with people. The point is: gun control would only control the law abiding. Criminals are by definition scofflaws, and they don't care about your stinking gun control laws. Who (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) For the love of heaven, must we start a new thread as to define what a fact is? How about diatribe? Were there not enough facts given at these sites? The answers to your questions are often not right in front of you. Seek well and learn well. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: La belle province

(...) Well, in a democracy the people get to self-determine already - so one can argue about the use of having two states in similar circumstances taking similar decisions, when this only works to double institutions. The more states there are, the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

(...) I'm not dictating. Not now, not ever. That (not dictating) is a longstanding and consistent position I've held, you can check back as far as you like... back to the very start of LUGNet(tm), and farther. Note that I distinguish between things (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.604)

More:  Next Page >>