 Off-Topic / Debate / 21285
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   Besides, Gun Control is not about crime it is about Government control over the people. It is just another piece of the puzzle.

I agree entirely. That’s why I never get into the statistics of it with people.

The point is: gun control would only control the law abiding. Criminals are by definition scofflaws, and they don’t care about your stinking gun control laws.

Who are you trying to control? The perfectly decent neighbor across the way?

As a latino I warn others of what happens when good people lose the ability to defend themselves against their own government. I know too many decent people that have suffered absolute atrocities in South America to EVER think that gun control is a good idea.

I mentioned once before in OTD that my own father was tortured in Argentina. They call it “la parilla” (the grill) -- a mattress stripped of it’s cover and stuffing so that only the metal frame remains, the person is tied to the frame and the frame is then electrified, an electric prod is run all over the person’s body with particular attention to the eyes and genitals. Another one they used on him was a split rack, where the lower part of the body is raised higher than the upper part of the body, as if to tear the person apart at the middle by moving both halves of the body in opposite directions. My own mother was imprisoned for a time in a dank cell too short to fully stand up or lay down in -- in total darkness, without water or food or even a bucket to do her business into. No guns in Argentina unless you are a goose-stepping member of the military there, then you can carry a machine gun and help control those pesky civilians. Must have Law & Order dammit, at all costs!

FWIW, Amnesty International has long asserted that these techniques were pioneered and perfected by a certain group you may have heard of in Virginia. Check out: “Human Resource Exploitation Training Manual -- 1983” one of their later works in a series.

A freeman’s duty to bear arms is the final line drawn in the sand when the continuance of political freedom is in doubt.

-- Hop-Frog