 Off-Topic / Debate / 20948
Re: Speaks for itself...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 18:54:53 GMT

Let's try this again.

"The Truth Will Emerge..."

http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_21.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_19.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_18.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_17.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_14.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_13.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_12.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_10.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_8.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_7.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_6.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_5.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_4.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_1.html
http://www.senate.gov/~byrd/byrd_newsroom/byrd_news_may/news_2003_may/news_2003_may_0.html

"the truth will emerge"... more like "the PORK will emerge".

Byrd may be right about Iraq, for the most part. Unnecessary war, and what
appears to be a bungling of the aftermath in a much more serious way, to boot.

But his message is diluted when one reviews his porkgrubbing tendencies. He
has no standing to rail against waste, against grandstanding, or against
much of anything political, in fact. His views on steel and coal,
especially, are pretty nauseating. "the West Virginian of the 20th century?"
Please.

But I'm not singling him out, per se. Visit any of the other 99 sentatorial
sites and you'll find pretty much the same record. Rails against waste
coupled with "see what I got for the home state!". Rails against
politicising by the opposition, coupled with photo op after photo op. Rails
against foreign policy favoring one country, coupled with calls for foreign
policy favoring another.

Bah humbug. We need a revolution. 99% of all politics is crap.

Sorry for the misfire. Hope my point is clearer now.

++Lar (a blue screen of death separated my first post and this one! Sigh...)