 Off-Topic / Debate / 20951
Re: Speaks for itself...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 11:25:39 GMT

When I have from time to time surveyed the field of
american politics, I have discovered that no single party is able to address
all of my concerns without also undermining political ideals that I consider
fundamental to our system of government.

Joining any party is a compromise. The party system has its good points, but
most of the time I wish I were governed by individuals rather than parties
stuffed full of "yes-men".

More generally, the various
parties are more about talk than action.

If the electorate paid more attention, it would not be like that. People are
too short sighted these days... as long as No 1 is ok, they are happy and don’t
ask questions.

;(

Scott A