 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 281 – 300 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) That's scientific theory. Proof requires that you can difinitively show that the opposite is not true. Science has thusfar failed to do so in regards to the metaphysical origins of the universe. (...) I can to the extent that we can trace the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.943)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Truthfully? I'm not sure you can, in much the same way that it's currently impossible to disprove the existence of ET life in the universe. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of using unprovable statements to disprove other unprovable (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.943)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) You know what, in my crazier moments I'd be happy to leave the definition of "marriage" to whatever non governmental sanctioning bodies wanted to sanction it, and they can define it however they like. As part of that leaving I'd then go (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.943)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) My objection is to the use of the terms "activist judge" or "judicial activism" as short-hand subsitutions for actual debate. Too often Conservative pundits have decried judicial rulings as "activist" without presenting any legitimate (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.943)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) No problem! Amendment IX - Construction of Constitution. Ratified 12/15/1791. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people. Amendment X - Powers of the States (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.943)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Can you prove that those ideals predate Judeism or the roots thereof? Show me some documented proof, not scientific theories. Even the great Stephen Hawking is recanting one of his most cherished theories today. (...) Just as the state's (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.942)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Last time I checked Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. They're not allowed to pass laws to prevent religious zealots from flavoring the law with their religious (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.942)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) Don't forget anullment which is the Catholics' way of getting around that little religious entanglement. (...) Now, see, there you're just restricting the rights of the citizenry to break their solemn vows. That'll never fly (heck, in (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.942)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Clearly. Article 3, section 2: "The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, etc." To abridge this function of the judiciary would indeed require an amendment. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.942)

  Re: The funniest thing I've seen in months

(...) Well, um, I mean, uh... We're just talking hypothetically, right? None of us would ever dream of truly circumventing a protection of this sort? (...) Actually, I know people who know everything. I'm just the medium, like the pipe that carries (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.941)

  Re: Taking the bait (was Re: Fair use and allusion?)

(...) Why is that my task? I'm not asserting that your claim is false but rather that your assertions don't support it. (...) That, too, may be a matter of perspective. If your claim is that Moore is not factual, then you must document his (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.939)

  Re: We'll take in your poor, your homeless, your oppressed...

(...) "no intervention" - the UN has repeatedly placed economic sanctions on countries for human rights abuses. "slaughter" is a loaded term. A nation has a right to defend itself from insurgents and rebels. A nation has a right to enforce its own (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.939)

  Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne)

(...) Yes, a parent's love should be unconditional for their children. Even so, I'm not sure one can really turn love on and off for their kids. (...) I tested my theory with my own kids last night. They actually gave me that answer. Maybe I have (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.939)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A0DB4A3.2F33B6...ing.com... (...) that the (...) the (...) Right, I brought this up here last year, while debating Larry, who was much more steadfast and aware of his stance on the abortion (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.938)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) There are some interesting things to explore here. I agree that a "viability" test is certainly part of the rights based calculus which should be used to evaluate these things. One way to examine the issue is that the unborn baby only has the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.938)

  Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne)

(...) they (...) me, so (...) Well, how about it? I know that that takes place. But what is behind that? What do they know will happen when they are "displeased with me?" And I think it is distinctly unhealthy for kids to grow up in an environment (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.938)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) I'd agree... Assuming of course that the person is of sound mind, and that the rights of others are not being violated in doing so. Clear cut example, I don't have the right to fill up a truck with explosives and then drive to your house and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.937)

  Re: From Harry Browne

Hi Maggie, This is debate, so that's what we'll do. "Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message... (...) I'm (...) clarification. I disagree. I don't believe anyone's viewpoint will be swayed if we all keep our opinions to ourselves. I (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.937)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Your term may indeed be accurate, but I think that it does not do full justice to the inherent and latent qualities of the tissue structure. When confronting the abortion issue from either angle, the issue of potential *cannot* be avoided. My (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.937)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

(...) But it does demonstrate irrefutably that those rights are not inalienable, contrary to the assertion of the founding fathers. Inalienable rights that can be taken away aren't very inalienable. And in all practical ways, rights that are utterly (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.937)

More:  Next Page >>