 Off-Topic / Debate / 24846
Re: The funniest thing I've seen in months
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:

   I could be a bit less vague here, but the DMCA makes me nervous, discussing how to circumvent a web redirect embedded in a blob of flash content.

Well, um, I mean, uh...

We’re just talking hypothetically, right? None of us would ever dream of truly circumventing a protection of this sort?

   You know everything Dave,

Actually, I know people who know everything. I’m just the medium, like the pipe that carries the water.

   remind me who’s responsible for that piece of garbage legislation so I can remember to vote against them come election time.

Well, you’ll have plenty of targets. Here’s the first bunch of reps you’ll want to hold accountable:

Sponsor: Rep Coble, Howard (apparently not a big fan of civil rights)

Co-sponsors

Rep Berman, Howard L. (don’t know much about him)

Rep Bono, Sonny (probably won’t return your calls)

Rep Bono, Mary (proves that the Beat Goes On)

Rep Conyers, John, Jr. (destined to save the world from Terminators)

Rep Frank, Barney (a generally unpleasant man, by all accounts)

Rep Hyde, Henry J. (drinks a special potion to turn into this evil alter ego)

Rep McCollum, Bill (currently out of office)

Rep Paxon, Bill (currently out of office)

Rep Pickering, Charles W. (appointed to 5th Circuit Court o’ Appeals)

Dave!