 Off-Topic / Geek / 4745
Re: The funniest thing I've seen in months
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:34:17 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Don Heyse wrote:
   Maybe rated PG for language.

Savvy viewers may lament the exclusion of any third-party japes, but there’s a wonderful swipe at Dean and a funny Kubrick moment for Bush.

Hey, thanks for the mirror site. It’s almost impossible to get through to the original at jibjab. Better yet, view source on the html of your mirror site reveals the secret cookie required to run a local copy of the swf file. Cool.

Hadn’t even thought of that. Can I just yank the file out of my Temporary Internet folder, or do I need to use the cookie to play it on a non-Internet-linked flashplayer?

Beats me. What’s a non-internet-linked flashplayer? When I pulled a copy outta the cache and tried to play it on IE it jumped to the jibjab site after a quick intro, and then gave me a busy signal. But it skips the redirect when played thru an html wrapper which sets the cookie. Makes me wonder how the flash plugin grabs the cookie. If I remember right, java does it thru javascript calls.

Don