 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 241 – 260 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Will you stop? Where do you get that idea? What "higher power"? That's not it at all. My goodness what a stew of misconceptions. Do you listen to anything I say or are you just so sure you know what it is that it all blows past you? One more (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

<38741109.CEDCCCFC@c...anweb.net> <slrn87862s.nkk.matt...ia.bu.edu> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Insert an "under" in front and you should be able to parse it, although it may still be on shaky (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.954)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Um, EVERY US state? Polygamy is illegal, so there are many rights you lose by having an "under the books" polygamous marriage (try visiting a 2nd wife/husband in the ICU. Try asking for property from a death if you aren't specifically listed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.953)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) I'll answer this once search is working again. (...) I'd argue that it is more important that a society ensures its citizen has the right to shelter & sustenance... before any other right. In your dreamland, those within it have all sorts of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.953)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) But the fact the TOS said what it did (summary action) isn't disputed, at least, I don't think. Did Dan have the right to ban Larry? Yes. Was it right for him to ban Larry, given the situation? No. Dan can do whatever the heck he wants with (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.952)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

This thread seems to have engendered a lot of discussion. Not all of it is for the long term good of the community, I fear, which is regrettable. I'm hopeful that this post might slow some of it down. I have asked Dan privately to be reinstated. (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

all, rights
(score: 0.952)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Now that's just ridiculous. While I would understand your concern if his TOS violation was in regards to non-payment or non-shipping, let's face it, it wasn't. It was about a particular policy which hadn't been clearly enough spelled out until (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.952)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) OK, change that to ANYwhere in America or Canada. But yes, it's biased. That's the point! That's the society I want to see us return toward, a society in which everyone knows that if they work hard and are clever, they've got just as much (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.952)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) You admit to being angry / bitter and use terms such as theft... it is difficult to take your argument seriously as it sounds so subjective. (...) I did before... that is why I said "This is all very circular." (...) It is not an important (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.951)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) it (...) Um, well, I think most people get angry sometimes. That doesn't mean that they can't be objective. And is it your contention that the use of the term 'theft' is a clear indicator of subjectivity? I have yet to hear you or any other (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.951)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2psB6.I3w@lugnet.com... (...) because (...) How does collecting dishes hurt society? People collect all kinds of things used by famous figures in history. Their fascination is more (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2pBv7.1uJp@lugnet.com... (...) I disagree. I recognize the amazing talent of Nazi designers of the time. Their engineers especially, but also their graphic designers. Nazi (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.951)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

Hello! (...) Yes. Those people think Nazi symbols and uniforms are cool because of the background, not because of their sheer look. And who thinks things with that background are "cool" is an idiot. That's what I think. I don't deny the fascination (...) (20 years ago, 19-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.950)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) Marx said so. (...) It could be argued I exploietd the system could it not - that is your normal perspective. (...) Education is exploitation – what a novel way to reduce your tax bill. (...) Why not prosecute all involved? (...) I must be a (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.950)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

Now I know exactly what Larry means when saying that all you do is snipe. In your earlier posts, you lured me in by saying enough to trick me into believing that you were interested in talking about it. Now, the best I get is one liners. (...) And (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.950)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) In a way, there are no copyrights -- not actually. Rights are sustained by belligerent contest in court, and less formally by social custom -- but the idea that others will ACTUALLY not copy your work is illusory. Trust me, it's true. And I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.950)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) In a way, there are no copyrights -- not actually. Rights are sustained by belligerent contest in court, and less formally by social custom -- but the idea that others will ACTUALLY not copy your work is illusory. Trust me, it's true. And I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.950)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) That's sorta irrelevant-- As I stated elsewhere, yes, I'm all for allowing polygamy, etc (provided some probably some other changes), and all for letting consenting aliens get married if we find any, but that's not the point. The proposed (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.950)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) But what do you think? (...) Oh, I think it's a two way street. That's why there's nothing wrong with it. When you're an employee, you're being exploited because someone is (traditionally) making money from your labor. But you're exploiting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.949)

  Re: LP POINT 2

(...) Quick answer, for closure. Under a property rights analysis, there is no right to sustenance, per se. There is a right to offer to trade for or pay for or ask for charitiable sustenance but no requirement that anyone in particular actually (...) (24 years ago, 30-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.949)

More:  Next Page >>