 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 201 – 220 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

Whew. Where to start? (...) It is legislating consensual behaviour. And that's wrong. No avoiding it. (...) True. So what? (...) First off, why does government have a monopoly on sanctioning marriages? Aren't they merely a contract between people? (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Finally some church/state mingling that I can really get behind!

(...) Generosity makes us better people (at least in my code of values--if it doesn't in yours then there's nothing but for us to agree to disagree). If our "generosity" is fueled only by a desire to earn a space in heaven, we are buying, not (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Uhh, back to tax again ;-) (Was Re: Is space property?)

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) unfair, (...) You're right. I have made two mistakes in my argument: one was to invoke the ambiguous concept of "fairness", the other one was to rigidly stick to the dictionary definition of "stealing" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart

(...) Giving Lee the benefit of the doubt, it is clear he doesn't understand the difference between copying someone's construction techniques and copying someone else's designs. Furthermore he does not understand the legal/moral differences between (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  red light cameras CAUSE accidents

(...) Don't get me started on these cameras... they're bad. It's not the rights violation claim (which is false, unless you report the car stolen because it actually was stolen, you're responsible for what people do with your property), it's the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Policy clarification regarding catalogs

(...) No. Refuse, once released to an ordinary refuse collection service, is no longer the property of the originator. If you don't want people viewing your secret plans, shred them and contract with a secure document service which retains control (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Pastel = Profit (Was Re: 2000 Dealer catalogue Removal Request Backfire?))

(...) What do you mean? There is some evidence for both sides. They do go to the effort to restrict the general consumer flow of information - for whatever reason - so obviously they care at least a little. There are many cited examples of retail (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Goodness of Man? (was: Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

My capitalist running dog lackey Frank Filz answered most of this append faster and better than I could. However a few points remain... (...) You can do that if you wish. Coke did, seems to work for them. However if someone else susses it out, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) If they are not involved in any control of drugs (for example not a politician, cop, or parent), and they aren't still doing drugs, nothing other than perhaps acknowledge that yes, they did do drugs . If they are a parent trying to keep their (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Bill Farkas wrote in message ... (...) in (...) similar (...) endorsing or (...) that (...) not (...) merely (...) which is (...) Ah, but the Ten Commandments are MORE than an example of the basic principles, here they are for reference: 1 - Thou (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.002)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) on (...) don't (...) it (...) and (...) migrated. (...) in (...) OK, your original point was to show that morally we could decide which person deserved the bread, and I pointed out that it is very hard, with (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Your term may indeed be accurate, but I think that it does not do full justice to the inherent and latent qualities of the tissue structure. When confronting the abortion issue from either angle, the issue of potential *cannot* be avoided. My (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  RFC: An Alternative..

Disclaimers ===...=== First off, I don't have the benefit of being incredibly smart, so there are bound to be holes. But even the simplest idea can spark others into greater feats of insight and imagination - hopefully that will be the case. I (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Do market based societies select for virtue? (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

Scott's going to regret turning me on to Friedman! (...) Agreed. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just can't buy this "people are basically bad, and societies that depend on honesty are doomed to fail" argument that comes from so many (...) (24 years ago, 29-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Megan's Law, and its implications

(...) **snip of further good analysis** I knew you'd be the guy with the answer! Good points, all. I wasn't aware that Megan's law doesn't permit the records to be sealed or even, apparently, to have the entire case re-examined. I think people (...) (22 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) But you see NC State is wrong. Even those people are doing a service. My former employer got season ticks to the Pistons one year, and they were more hapless than usual, winning hardly any important games. So it got to where the firm was (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) Yeah, I snipped a bunch from of things from here, the problem seems that the message's length grows exponentially as more and more points arise that we want to respond to... then everything gets included for reference... etc. There was a bunch (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Parental strategies? (was: Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne)

(...) they (...) me, so (...) Well, how about it? I know that that takes place. But what is behind that? What do they know will happen when they are "displeased with me?" And I think it is distinctly unhealthy for kids to grow up in an environment (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: Mecha Legs

(...) Hey look; it's me and Larry in complete agreement. :) The DMCA apparently has a new form of intellectual property for the design of boat hulls. (From what I've read, yes, it is that limited and special purpose. If anyone has any more info on (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jul-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) But what do you think? (...) Oh, I think it's a two way street. That's why there's nothing wrong with it. When you're an employee, you're being exploited because someone is (traditionally) making money from your labor. But you're exploiting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.001)

More:  Next Page >>