 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 181 – 200 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!

(...) That's right. I know I've mentioned it in previous debates, and I thought I'd re-mentioned here, but apparently I hadn't. (...) This dredges up math classes that I haven't had in well over a decade, so forgive me if my answer isn't rock-solid. (...) (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 1.018)

  Re: Excellent news!

(...) Certainly not knowingly. Nothing in life is certain, death and taxes notwithstanding, so I fail to see why this issue should be held to an impossible standard. Yeah, it's irreversible, but work as hard as humanly possbile to make the system (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 1.006)

  Re: Excellent news!

(...) That's an interesting argument. For me, the problem arises when we try to grant one person the authority to kill another. A state-sanctioned execution, once the prisoner has already been rendered harmless, seems to me no different morally from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 1.005)

  Re: Bye, bye LUGNET

(...) Here's the thing for me-- iwork for a Canadian company that has locations throughout Canada (except the Territories--I'd love that, but not so much at this time with the trips to the Yukon...) Anyway, we have 6 or so locatoins in the province (...) (20 years ago, 2-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 1.005)

  Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) First, there is no "requirement". The state will not force you to speak those words (in fact it *allows* you to *not* speak them). A perfect analogy would be if Congress passed that same law but then included, "But if he feels uncomfortable (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) My point is that it is okay to protect *all* matters of freedom of religious expression up and until people fly planes into buildings... k, that was a little far--my personal philosophy has *always* been that anyone can believe what they want (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 1.002)

  Intolerance and property rights

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38C99133.A47A4F64@v...er.net>... (...) I'm a bit curious as to how patents fit into this scheme. One the one hand, it is clearly good to protect the investment that went into an invention (both "dollars" and the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 1.001)

  Medical Marijuana

From the LP newsletter I get, posted in its entireity... poses an interesting dilemna with respect to states rights and how far a state can go in deviating, and how far a state can go in resisting encroachment on states rights - start - Libertarians (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.995)

  neighbors

so i am a pretty big fan of living in the city (which is odd since i am an ecologist/conservation biologist). Anyway, the rental property next to us recently had a tenent change and is now occupied by a group of undergraduates who are very loud and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.994)

  Re: Which of the Ten Commandments are Libertarian? (was: Re: Mormon bashing again)

(...) You only need 1... this one: 8 - Thou shall not steal. All the rest that make sense derive from it. (left hanging and unproved in a previous thread is the assertion that "all rights are property rights" and "no initiation of force" and "people (...) (25 years ago, 5-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.994)

  Two Questions and a Comment (was Re: A Community Problem)

(...) I'd like to mention that legitimate competitors such as BTR and MegaBloks do not engage in the illegal duplication of TLC's protected intellectual property, so these two companies (at least) should be considered separate from those less (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.992)

  Re: Two Questions and a Comment (was Re: A Community Problem)

(...) That's generally accurate, although IIRC there have been lawsuits eating up time and money from both TLC and MB. And I expect this is primarily "Comapny X" against Lego, like the Lego against the China knock-off, or Lego against Best-Lock. I (...) (20 years ago, 29-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.992)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) I could argue this further, but we'd be getting away from traceable cause and effect, and getting really esoteric. (which is to say, getting into questions like 'Where does the concept of God come from' and 'Does the socio-political effect of (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.991)

  Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart

(...) The above is somewhat mistaken. While selling, or theoretically creating, a moc based on a Gunstar would require the permission of the ownere (the movie company most likely) this doesn't mean that the first MOC maker doesn't also have IP here. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.988)

  Re: Criminal Justice

(...) Well, that's a fault of the kind of torts we currently allow. At the same time the destruction of what exists at the time of the loss is what is being protected. It's not that big a leap to assert that someone that has been earning "X" dollars (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.987)

  Re: Elian Gonzales

(...) I had to dust off some obscure 'How to use LUGNET' memories and read the entire thread. The Usual Suspects from Back in the Day (tm) were present in this thread which was awesome to read... The usual admonishment of ++Lars pontifications were (...) (2 years ago, 5-Apr-23, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.984)

  Re: Custom Space: Obsidian Stealth Strike Craft for sale - The Brickee Mart

(...) Yes, sculptures are covered by copyright, and there are also some artist rights, retained by the artist even after selling the sculpture and all copyrights to it. Design Patent protection is not automatic, and it's expensive and has a limited (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.984)

  Re: The PATRIOT act is a fine law!

(...) Hi Larry, gotta tell you, there are many parts of PAI and PAII I am very unhappy about, as a conservative. While I think it is good for the FBI and CIA to be able to talk with each other regarding terrorism and share info, these sneak and peek (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.981)

  Re: Problems with Darwin's theory

(...) Democracy, individual human rights and the concept of "property" are all myths too, and myths with much shorter history in human culture than the idea of a divine creator. They're also less rational than belief in God. If we accept a literal (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.977)

  Re: Essay on Emerson vs. Thoreau; civil disobedience

(...) think. :-) (...) Good question. I freely admit I may be digging myself a hole here. And judging morality of individuals, in general, isn't what I want to do. Especially as it relates to victimless crimes, etc. Recall that I've said in the past (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.976)

More:  Next Page >>