 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1301 – 1320 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Is space property?

(...) Oh sure, I was considering water as between air and food in this regard. And as far as management, that is beyond the scope of what I was thinking about. But even still, there is something intrinsically different abut land and air v. food, (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.580)

  Re: Family values?

(...) I certainly don't believe that infidelity should be rewarded. The conflict arises because while people SHOULD act responsibly, unfortunately that doesn't always happen. And if we are dealing with consequences of an act of irresponsibility that (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.580)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

Tim Culberson wrote in message <3A55160C.9A731E80@y...oo.com>... (...) <opinion> Good! Guns are freaking dangerous and the more that have their ownership known, and the less that get owned, the better! </opinion> (...) It's obviously going to reduce (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.580)

  Re: Somethings been bothering me...

(...) of the Cato Institute... (...) I'm mostly on the same page as you here. However I don't think the US constitution ever promised that non citizens have any particular rights outside of US borders did it? I think habeas corpus applies to (or at (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.579)

  Re: Democracy.... Dubya Style

(...) That's not what I said (or at least not what I thought I said). I thought I said he gives the appearance (to me) of someone who believes what he's doing is right. As for myself, I find the lucrative buddy contracts questionable, and I can't (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.579)

  Re: Democracy.... Dubya Style

(...) So Bush talks about Freedom and Liberty whist funding gross human rights abuses in places like Uzbekistan & Israel and you think he is not "dishonest"? He hands out "lucrative" contracts to his buddies and you think he is not corrupt? Wake up, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.578)

  Money, but no justice.

(URL) US pays up for fatal Iraq blunders> The US military has paid out $1.5m (£907,000) to Iraqi civilians in response to a wave of negligence and wrongful death claims filed against American soldiers... Families have come forward with accounts of (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

property
(score: 0.578)

  Re: Fishing for traffic?

(...) If no one is there to hear the glass brake, does it make a sound? ;) Yeah I know that was a H U G E stone in the glass house, as we say. :D But I tried to do it the nice way and hand over the curatorship to somebody for years without success. (...) (13 years ago, 23-Sep-11, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.577)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

Larry, To recap, I had written: (...) You replied: (...) And I responded: (...) Finally, you clarified and said: (...) I'm not sure that's true, for one (In what sense do you mean "subject to the same genetic rules?"), but it's also irrelevant (more (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.577)

  Re: Those who cast the votes decide nothing.

(...) Let's put some fresh meat on these bones: (URL) Iraqi civilian deaths 'avoidable'> ==+== Human Rights Watch raises some serious questions about the way in which specific weapons were employed. It strongly criticises the use of cluster (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.577)

  Re: It IS about Taxation ;-) (Was Re: (Sub|Ob)jectivity and related case studies on .debate (...or is it just about taxation :-)

(...) For some more thoughts on what "consent of the governed" means, see this reference I just stumbled across while reading up on something Chris W. pointed me at... (URL) ties in well with David Friedman's writings on how to have non statist law (...) (24 years ago, 25-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.577)

  Fishing for traffic?

(...) I tell you, you are jumping into conclusiones. "Fishing for traffic from EB" - LOL! C'mon seriously, is that what you really believe? You must mean something like: "SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se! SweLUG is dead. Long live SweBrick.se! (...) (13 years ago, 16-Sep-11, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.577)

  Problems with Christianity

Ok, I've been thinking about this for a bit, and I'm not exactly where to place it in the fray, so I'm just starting a new thread. (Also, I'll be able to see the dots on this one in the event that people respond) I think I've boiled down the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.576)

  2 Qs For John

(...) Well said John. Just keep waving your little flag. This is what I don't understand: Q1. How is supporting human rights abuses in Israel and Saudi Arabia in your collective self interest if the end result (indirect or otherwise) is 911 and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.576)

  Re: Remember the Axis of Evil? [may offend]

(...) I'm not sure I agree that it's fact. Putting aside the false one dimensionality that you use to measure with, that is. I would assert that the Fox/Limbaugh/Moral Majority axis has gotten better at articulating their views in the media of late (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.576)

  Re: Uselessness of .debate

(...) rights, (...) valid, (...) What does that mean? :-) (...) to (...) then (...) Scott, I think that Larry meant you specifically, and others who behave similarly. I think that's clear. But at least his insult to you was thinly veiled. It would (...) (24 years ago, 21-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

all, rights
(score: 0.576)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) My point is that if the X (which really can be any group - I've just been picking on Christians because they are the most visible here) say "Our way is right, and you must not question it, just accept it." (which is how I read much of what has (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.576)

  Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1

(...) address (...) I (...) OK. That seems fair. I started to just answer, and then I went and looked tax up in m-w. It says that a tax is "1 a : a charge usually of money imposed by authority on persons or property for public purposes b : a sum (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.576)

  Re: Remember the Axis of Evil?

Hmm, I recall a little while ago the Canadian Government gave a warning to its Muslim citizens about travelling to the US because of the racial profiling at immigration. I remember finding it so ludicrous that it was almost funny. This is (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.576)

  Re: Christian morality (cont)

(...) Oh ya. And I see you just posted a good thought starter about where morality comes from, etc. I don't speak for all atheists. I don't speak for all libertarians. (technically I'm not even atheist, actually... I'm atheist leaning agnostic) But (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.575)

More:  Next Page >>