 Off-Topic / Debate / 9964
    Re: Thoughts on prayer —Daniel Jassim
   (...) Exactly, a moment of "prayer" in my case would a moment of clarity for self reflection or meditation (clearing the mind and focusing on the moment). I personally would not give praise or thanks to any higher power, but I'd certainly be a fool (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Thoughts on prayer —Markus Wolf
   (...) That's an interesting perspective that I've never considered before. I've always considered the true power of Jesus' message being the fact that God wants a relationship with me. That's a mind-boggling concept. That the Creator of the Universe (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Thoughts on prayer —Daniel Jassim
   (...) Actually, you'd enjoy the Moslem's perspective on Jesus (which I agree with) as a prophet who took care of business. Moslem's acknowledge the willful, uncorruptable, rebellious personality of Jesus--standing up for the oppressed, weak and poor (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Thoughts on prayer —Markus Wolf
    (...) Okay, but the only problem with that is that Jesus claimed to be more than a prophet. I mean that's what got him killed was the "blasphemy" of referring to himself as "I Am." I'm sure the Moslems have a problem with that. By calling Jesus a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Thoughts on prayer —Daniel Jassim
   (...) that. Yes, exactly. Moslems acknowledge Jesus only as a prophet, not as God as most Christians do. They do believe in the immaculate conception but also make note that Jesus had siblings. Actually, the Koran makes a lot more sense than the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)