 Off-Topic / Debate / 9628
Re: Quick Poll - Kyoto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Low writes:

1. It is a problem, we try to fix it.
2. It is a problem, we do nothing.
3. It isn't a problem, we try to fix the non-problem.
4. It isn't a problem, we do nothing.

1. Cross fingers, pat selves on back.
2. Cross fingers really tight, die.
3. Polluting energy abandoned for cleaner energy. Some companies lose, some
gain. Environment less polluted.
4. Great.

The costs of 2. are so much higher than of 3.,

Long term. Unfortunately, most corporations, and (maybe more importantly) most
governments only think short term.

ROSCO