 Off-Topic / Debate / 7946
  Re: Religion and Science

(...) I surmised as much. So you can't answer the question - which is okay, since I already figured that out. Hopefully you now understand that, too (i.e. you are proceeding on faith alone). (...) Then why are you claiming here that God is provable? (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) Ack, "Muhammadism" is a lousy term. It's a coinage of 18/19th-C. Orientalism, designed to denigrate Islam by reducing it to its Prophet. Muslims don't believe Muhammad was a (er, the) deity. They *do* deny Jesus's inherent divinity, but not (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) Busted! Yeah, I know better. Just running off at the keyboard with those pre-programmed terms. I'll also vary between Mahomet, Mohamad, Mohammad and other variations if you look close. (...) Jesus is a prophet of God, just not the most (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) Slow motion thought. I had to dredge back in my memory to come up with Ahura-Mazda for Zoroastrianism, and that it dances the line on monotheism. Found the following: "Ahura Mazda is not the only god in the universe of Zoroastrianism, and he (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) You are mostly true here. Islam accepts Jesus (Isa) and Moses (Musa) as prophets of the god, just like many others (I think 24-25 of them are mentioned in Koran by name, including Adam/Adem Solomon/Süleyman, Simon/Ismail, Abraham/Ibrahim, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Religion and Science

(...) Moses is Musa? That explains the name of the great king of Mali (Mansa Musa). Hadn't known about that connection before! Thanks too for the "whole universe" cite--that's a bit that I didn't know either. (An excellent way to anticipate (...) (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)