 Off-Topic / Debate / 7626
Re: One for the road sir? (Re: US supreme court strikes down...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:55:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

What! She randomly stopped you and demanded a kiss! How unconstitutional.

Let's just say it was mutually voluntary transaction and leave it at that,
without going into whether I had an obligation not to take advantage of her
state of mind given that she voluntarily put herself into that state and
initiated the activity in question. :-)

  Oh my.  Well, heavens.  Quite a time!

  Um, and Scott, being a Briton, I do hope you realise that your
  country doesn't *have* a constitution.  Well, I mean, they do
  have *stamina*, but no actual Constitution per se.

Yes - http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=7569

There are moves in the UK to form one. But even if it were to reach the
agenda, and you imagine the haggling? And what would the benefit be, I'm
already as free as a bird.. tweet tweet. I gruffly compared my freedoms to
those you enjoy here:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=7337
=+=
Making choices is a big part of being a responsible adult. Scott
Arthur enjoys not having that responsibilty to contend with.

I have choice. I choose to not want guns in my society for example. Every
single day of the my life I could choose to be a communist - in the UK I had
choice, in the US you had witch hunts. In the UK we had free education for
all, in the US you had segregated schools. In parts of the US, you choose
not to teach your kids the accepted theory of evolution. You choose not to
give them the choice to decide.
=+=

Scott A

So I suppose
  the point is moot when being smooched in the West End (or is it
  smoot when being mooched in the West End?  I've been that too).

  best

  LFB