 Off-Topic / Debate / 7343
  Re: CODE WORD TIME

"Eric McCarthy" <eric@reasoning.com> wrote in message news:3A15557A.3EC6F3...ing.com... (...) have (...) Your point is one that is not being addressed in the media. ARE hand counts more accurate than machine counts? My opinion is that no, they are (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CODE WORD TIME

Yesterday, NPR talked with a statistician who discussed this point. The current difference is statistically negligible; it is virtually a tie, you cannot state with confidence that either person won. The difference in a total of 6 million vote tally (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CODE WORD TIME

I'm with you, Rob. If somehow Gore forces his way in, he'll certainly have been the first President elected by the will of the people too stupid to read. The President of the Stupid. What a way to start your legacy. -Jon (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CODE WORD TIME

(...) See, the thing is that many Republicans express themselves eloquently and without making themselves sound like self-righteous children. Those are the Republicans who demonstrate themselves and their ideas to be worth of respect and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CODE WORD TIME

(...) Wow, Dave, you're certainly attacking everything today aren't you!? Here too, you're missing the point, 1st off - this whole circus has an element of humor to it which I'm taking advantage of. No then, my assertion is merely that anyone who (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CODE WORD TIME

(...) I saw an e-mail today which described how the ballots looked when in the machines. Apparently some ballots lined up fairly well, and others didn't at all. With all due respect, I'm unwilling to call people stupid without having seen the actual (...) (24 years ago, 18-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Election Fraud? (wa Re: CODE WORD TIME)

(...) The people weren't too stupid to vote incorrectly, they voted fine. All of the hype of the butterfly ballot is subterfuge. The spike for Buchanan, I believe, will be shown to have been ballots (incorrectly) stuffed for Gore. A statistician (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Election Fraud? (wa Re: CODE WORD TIME)

I used to live in Broward county and work in Palm Beach county. Both ARE heavily Democratic... and both are home to a lot of very clueless people. There is no correlation implied there, of course. Remember, it was in Broward that a little old lady (...) (24 years ago, 19-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: CODE WORD TIME

(...) Maybe it was just the education system that let them down... (...) or the Stupid President? Which would you rather have? --DaveL (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)