 Off-Topic / Debate / 7236
  Re: What am I missing here?

(...) And yet you both found it necessary to say that it's pointless and ask that people stop. I'd say that people that are taking the time and energy to actually post about it are finding some value in it, whatever that may be (and beleive me, I'm (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What am I missing here?

(...) This is a good point, but I'm prevented from taking your advice because I access LUGNET via the web rather than as a newsgroup. As such, I see all the posts in .debate. Is there a way to filter out a specific thread? In any case, I generally (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What am I missing here?

(...) I read via the web too, and to my knowledge, no, there isn't. I just skip anything that is in a thread I don't want to read. I tend to use the "compact" method of viewing, so all I see are the posts' subject lines. (...) Ah. I gave that up a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What am I missing here?

(...) Good idea; I think I'll try that. (...) I consider it a small step in my journey toward omniscience. Dave! (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What am I missing here?

(...) If you think you have valuable points to contribute, I'd sure be interested in your participation. I for one am NOT decided. If I'm the person whose reasoning you see vast holes in, I would welcome your input, if I'm not, I'd still welcome (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)