 Off-Topic / Debate / 5865
  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) Gary, I think it's because America is a cesspool of social degeneration. Doesn't Japan hold the same prudishness? Are they number two in sex crimes? -Adam (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) And America is a prudish country how? Granted, one only hears suggestive nuances on network TV, but how many households have cable? How many people have access to pornography? Virtually all of the people that I have known who have had a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) I think this is an excellent point, but I think there is a difference between the sexual messages that American kids experience, and the ones that European cultures do. You use the word 'pornography', which I interpret as material that is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) Based on my experiences: no. Crayon Shinchan - a popular kids' cartoon a few years back, sort of a Japanese 'Dennis the Menace' - had plenty of nudity (male and female - animated, but still) and sex jokes. Wandering the streets of Osaka, I (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) I mostly agree with you on this point. Customs regarding modesty can genuinely differ across cultures, and be influenced by climate, history, etc. A topless woman can be attired just as modestly, given the right circumstances, as another woman (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) is used (...) divorce (...) Maybe it isn't... but "moral spheres" are very _personal_ spheres. Your spheres might be differently shaped than mine. It's best if we all keep our spheres to ourselves. ~Mark (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) My replies: First, how can we each keep our moral spheres to ourselves? When you and I interact, or when anyone interacts, for that matter, the interactions are governed by our moral spheres of understanding regarding how the other person (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

Order rearranged somewhat: (...) A very good question. It is good to see that those participating in arguments require the arguments of their opponents to be supported. It may very well be that the sexual repression common to the popular culture of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) our (...) you and I (...) other person (...) Does everyone else and their children deserve to be forced to abide by your particular notion of what is "decent" on a minifig? (...) circle? As differently as there are people and cultures on this (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: legos biggest mistake is...

(...) This is my 4th post in this thread. I have yet to give my opinion regarding the issue of minifig decency. I have merely been debating the issue of public decency. I defer your question to someone else. I will say that I speak as a consumer (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)